It must be the end of summer when all the local blueberries are gone. Here's a recipe to savor the last of a favorite summer fruit. It freezes well too.
Blueberry Pound Cake
Cooking Light Cookbook 2000
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
4 oz cream cheese, softened
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
2 cups fresh blueberries
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
8 oz lemon yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat together sugar, butter and cream cheese. Add eggs. Add vanilla.
3. Combine 2 Tbls flour with blueberries.
4. Combine remaining dry ingredients. Add alternately with lemon yogurt to sugar mix. Fold in blueberries.
5. Pour batter into a 10" tube pan coated with cooking spray. Tap on table to rid air bubbles before putting in the oven to bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
6. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 15 more minutes on rack.
7. If you like things really sweet, you can drizzle a mixture of 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar and 4 tsp lemon juice over the warm cake before serving.
Blue of Blueberries Bowls...