Tuesday, February 15, 2011
the one bowl meal
Cashew Chicken - serves 4
Martha Stewart - Great Food Fast
1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" pieces
1 T cornstarch
2 T veg oil
6 garlic cloves, minced
8 scallions, white and green parts separated, cut into 1" pieces
2 T rice wine vinegar
3 T hoisin sauce
1/4 cup cashews, toasted
1. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with cornstarch until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a large non stick skillet, heat 1 T oil over med high heat. Cook chicken about 3 minutes and transfer to a plate.
3. Add remaining oil, garlic and white parts of scallions. Cook 3 minutes.
4. Add chicken back into the skillet. Add vinegar, cook 30 seconds.
5. Add hoisin sauce and 1/4 cup water to chiecken. Cook about a minute. Remove from heat, add green parts of scallions and cashews. Serve with rice.
many, many bowls....