The Food and Pottery Connection is about sipping something sweet from a handmade source while exploring NEW cookbooks.
To Sip in Summer:
Watermelon Berry Sparkler
recipe from Redbook - makes 16
- 2 cup(s) watermelon, cubed and seeded
- 1 container(s) (6 ounces) red raspberries
- 2 tablespoon(s) superfine sugar, use 3 tablespoons if too tart
- cold brut champagne or prosecco (dry Italian sparkling wine
- Puree watermelon and raspberries in a blender. Scrape mixture through a fine sieve into a bowl; discard seeds. Stir sugar into puree (adding more if too tart). Puree can be made up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
- For sparklers, pour 2 tbsp puree into each champagne glass and top with 4 oz cold brut champagne or prosecco. For a nonalcoholic version, use club soda or seltzer instead.
To Sip from:
Pretty dishwasher safe tumblers
|dedham square artist guild|
To Read (while sipping):
1. The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier by Ree Drummond
2. Dinner: A Love Story: It all begins at the family table by Jenny Rosenstrach
3. The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook by Deb Perelman (due out in October!)