Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Okay, so I cheated...

It is hard to go to the grocery store and buy veggies after 6 months of eating fresh from the CSA farm, but a good salad was something I really needed. (Sorry frozen goodies.)













I have a cookbook that I keep because I love the illustrations, but I rarely cook from it! I found this yummy recipe for spinach salad to share. Each recipe entry ends with a heart. It always makes me smile.

Spinach Salad - serves 6
Heart of the Home: Notes from a Vineyard Kitchen

1 bunch spinach - washed, dried, torn into bite size pieces
4 eggs - hardboiled and chopped
6 slices of bacon- cooked, cooled and crumbled

Combine:
1/2c cider vinegar
1/3c salad oil
1/4c brown sugar

Shake well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour over spinach.
Add egg and bacon. Serve.

A bowl perfect for serving this spinach salad in.