Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hearty Soup in Frosty May?


Yesterday, I picked up my meat distribution for the month of May. I also turned on the heat, brought in my new hanging plants and put on my parka! It's May and it's not fun to be cold. I think Italian Wedding Soup would be perfect to warm up.

Mama`s Italian Wedding Soup - 10 servings
CDKitchen http://www.cdkitchen.com

1 pound ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
3 tablespoons minced onion
2 1/2 quarts chicken broth
2 cups spinach - packed, rinsed and thinly sliced
1 cup seashell pasta
3/4 cup diced carrots

1. In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into 3/4-inch balls and set aside.
2. In a large stockpot heat chicken broth to boiling; stir in the spinach, pasta, carrot and meatballs. Return to boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring frequently, at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until pasta is al dente.
3. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.

Food: Austin Farms' grass fed ground beef; Pottery: Seashell Soup Mugs

No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here