Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Potato Salad


When I was pregnant with my first child, I could not walk by a container of red bliss potato salad in the supermarket without snatching it up to eat as soon as I got home. Yesterday, I heard..."Mom, I love this potato salad!" I think I like the one I make from scratch best. It is a food that nourishes my soul and transports me to a time when I began to realize that life wasn't just about me anymore.

RED BLISS POTATO SALAD

Red potatoes - 2-3 lbs
scallions - thinly sliced
1/4 cup white vinegar
salt & pepper
3/4 cup mayonaise

1. Wash and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces. Put in pot and cover with water. Boil until just done, about 20 minutes from when you turn on the stove.
2. Mix vinegar, scallions, salt and pepper in a bowl.
3. Add hot cooked potatoes to vinegar mixture. Stir. Cool for at least an hour.
4. When ready to serve, mix in mayonaise.

A pretty serving bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here