Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Strawberry Fields Forever


To make room for my 3 months of CSA meat from Austin Farms, I had to make room in my freezer. I found a bag of frozen strawberries that I had picked this past summer and decided to see if they were not too freezer burned to use. I made a batch of strawberry muffins and those hand picked strawberries were perfectly delicious...



Strawberry Muffins - makes 12
Joy of Cooking

2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups strawberries, thawed

1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Grease liners for 12 muffins in a muffin tin.
3. Combine dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients. Add dry to wet with a couple of quick beats.
4. Fold in strawberries. Divide batter into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle with a little sugar.
5. Bake about 17 minutes but allow 20. Cool a couple of minutes in the pan before cooling on the rack.

a vase of flowers for the table .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here