Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Blue Fish
Memorial Day for my family marks the start of the summer season.  There are no sporting events planned; this weekend is strictly set aside for family fun.  We often travel to the beach to take long walks, collect sea glass and eat the first lobster of the season.  

Flounder


In honor of the Memorial Day weekend, I'm offering a few promotions in my etsy store.  One is 10% off each of my fish ornaments (great Father's Day gift!) while they last.... Each fish is a hand painted one-of-a-kind beauty; all swim in the Atlantic Ocean, around New England.


I've been looking into purchasing a share of Cape Ann Fresh Catch Community Supported Fishery.  A few friends have really enjoyed it.  Distribution starts June 6th in various nearby locations. 


Tautog














Fingers crossed for a fresh catch this weekend!
If we catch a blue fish... chowhound has some good recipes 
If we catch a flounder... Glouchester Fisherman's Wives recipes
If we catch a sea bass... epicurious has inventive and wonderful recipes

Sea Bass

For the weekend, I'll put the clay aside and focus on quality time with my family... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here