Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Summertime


Today is the first day of summer and I'm off to sell pottery at the Powessit Farm Stand this afternoon. I love spending an extended time at the farm because I get to interact with people who share my passion for good local food and great pottery...it's going to be a blast!


I'll be selling lots of functional pottery, perfect for eating and serving food from.  All my pottery is dishwasher and microwave safe.  Food just tastes better in a handmade piece of pottery. 


I love this new color combination that uses this summertime blue.  It works really well with the Temoko brown and matte white too.  Different combinations produce different colors and expand my palette.


Here is a recipe to start your summer off:

Sauteed Radishes (truth be known...I never liked radishes until I cooked them....)  

separate red radishes from their stems
wash and slice 
heat a skillet, add a combination of olive oil and butter
add radishes to the pan and saute until soft
If you like to use the entire radish, add a bit more oil and add the greens in.
sprinkle a little kosher salt over your veggies

...serve in your favorite handmade bowl and enjoy the relationship between the food and pottery...

And, MY blog was included in the best 50 ceramic blogs!  
Click here to see more:


No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here