Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carpe diem!

Winter has arrived in New England after a clear night and a full moon.  The dusting of snow has set the calendar right and with the seasonal shift, the light has giving birth to new colors. 

Spotting the snow first thing this morning, I found my curiosity peaked. I began roaming my house in search of the gifts created by the dawn of a new day in a new season...


Seeing my new photographs intermingled with ones recently taken on holiday to New York City, I found colors of a similar ilk.



And then I noticed a tonal similarity in a collection of my own pottery....
 

The combination of browns and blue side by side and together like the colors of the earth and the sky.

Life is Art. Art is Life.


The world is a beautiful place.  We can't forget to take the time to look around and see what is right before our eyes.  I can't imagine living anywhere else but in the ever changing landscape of New England.

Carpe diem!

1 comment:

post comments here