Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter Share #2


I seem to be here and there without too much time for cooking. As I start to process the many root vegetables from my winter share #2, I find myself looking for recipies to do in the slow cooker so I can get out and do my final holiday shopping.

Slow Cooker Root Vegetable Tagine
allrecipies.com
Serves 8

1 lb parsnips, 1 lb turnips, 1 lb carrots - peeled and diced
2 medium onions - chopped
6 dried apricots & 4 pitted prunes - chopped (I used raisins instead)
1 t each of ground tumeric and ground cumin
1/2 t each of ground ginger and ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground cayenne pepper
1 T each dried parsley and dried cilantro
1 14oz can vegetable broth

Combine all, cover and cook on low in the slow cooker for 9 hours.
Serve with couscous.

A Christmas cactus in a pretty homemade pot...it's time for some holiday gift giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

post comments here