If you bake and bring these tasty treats, you will be asked for the recipe.
Here it is...
Pecan or Angel Slices - 12-24 bars
Joy of Cooking
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" x 9" baking pan lined with foil.
2. Beat together: 1/4 cup butter, 2 T sugar, 1 large egg yolk, 1/4 tsp vanilla. Stir in 3/4 cup flour. Press dough evenly into baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a new bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1 cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 T flour, 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1/8 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla.
4. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chopped toasted pecans and 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut, lightly toasted.
5. Spread mixture evenly on hot baked crust. Return to oven and continue to bake 20-25 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, make a lemon glaze by whisking together 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1 tsp vanilla.
7. When the bars are warm from the oven, pour this glaze over them and brush to cover. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
8. The best way to cut the bars is to invert the foil onto a cutting board, flip and cut completely cooled bars with a long knife you would use for chopping.
Now...watch them disappear
Gobblet for T!