Tuesday, June 8, 2010
It is end of the school year events at our house. Here is a great recipe that everyone will love. It is easy to make a day ahead and pop in the oven so you can visit with family. Austins Farm hamburg is the special ingredient here!
Company Casserole - 4 servings (easy to double or triple!)
8 on medium wide noodles
1 lb hamburg
16oz tomato sauce
1 cup cottage cheese
1/3 c chopped onion
1 T chopped green pepper
2 T butter
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 c sour cream
1. Boil noodles 10 minutes in salted water. Drain and set aside.
2. Cook onions and peppers in butter until soft. Mix with cheeses and sour cream. Set aside.
3. Brown hamburg, drain, add tomato sauce. Set aside.
4. Set oven at 350. In a buttered casserole dish, put 1/2 noodles, then cheese mixture, then remaining noodles, top with meat sauce. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
5. This can be made ahead of time and is lovely with a green salad.
Vases for flowers from the concert....